Stuffed with Eggplant
You might have seen different versions of Eggplant. But these stuffed eggplants are one of its kind. Known by different names all over the word, eggplants or Brinjal have a lot of health benefits. Though it is a not so favorite veggie in Kerala, this one will surely tingle your taste buds.
Try it out and enjoy!
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
7 tiny Eggplants
4 Red chillies dry
1/3 cup peanuts
3 tablespoon Sesame seeds
1 tablespoon whole coriander dry
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Peppercorns
3 tablespoon Tamarind paste
1 tablespoon Peanut butter
1 medium Onion chopped
1 1“ ginger chopped
3 Garlic cloves chopped
1 1/2 tablespoon Molasses syrup
Salt to taste
Wash and pat dry eggplants with the stem.
- Heat a pan. Add coriander first and dry roast till the color changes. Then add the chilies and sesame. Keep frying until fragrant.
- Add the peppercorns and peanuts and keep toasting till golden in color. Add the cumin just before you take the dry posted spices out of the stove.
- Allow this roasted mix to cool down. Grind in a miller to a thick form.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the the tamarind paste, peanut butter and salt and integrate well into a thick paste.
- Slit open the egg plants till the stem. Stuff the mixture and level it. Keep this aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add the chopped ginger and garlic. Saute till fragrant. Add the chopped onions and saute till light and pink.
- Add the stuffed eggplants and fry on high heat till charring starts. Add the remaining stuffing and molasses and incorporate well and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add some water and adjust salt.Reduce the flame to low and cook till done well done.
Enjoy with Rice or Rotis.