You might have seen different versions of Eggplant. But these stuffed eggplants are one of its kind. Known by different names all over the word, eggplants or Brinjal have a lot of health benefits. Though it is a not so favorite veggie in Kerala, this one will surely tingle your taste buds.
Try it out and enjoy!
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
7 tiny Eggplants
4 Red chillies dry
1/3 cup peanuts
3 tablespoon Sesame seeds
1 tablespoon whole coriander dry
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Peppercorns
3 tablespoon Tamarind paste
1 tablespoon Peanut butter
1 medium Onion chopped
1 1“ ginger chopped
3 Garlic cloves chopped
1 1/2 tablespoon Molasses syrup
Salt to taste
Wash and pat dry eggplants with the stem.
- Heat a pan. Add coriander first and dry roast till the color changes. Then add the chilies and sesame. Keep frying until fragrant.
- Add the peppercorns and peanuts and keep toasting till golden in color. Add the cumin just before you take the dry posted spices out of the stove.
- Allow this roasted mix to cool down. Grind in a miller to a thick form.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the the tamarind paste, peanut butter and salt and integrate well into a thick paste.
- Slit open the egg plants till the stem. Stuff the mixture and level it. Keep this aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add the chopped ginger and garlic. Saute till fragrant. Add the chopped onions and saute till light and pink.
- Add the stuffed eggplants and fry on high heat till charring starts. Add the remaining stuffing and molasses and incorporate well and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add some water and adjust salt.Reduce the flame to low and cook till done well done.
Enjoy with Rice or Rotis.