Paneer Tikka Butter Masala
Paneer is one of the most favorite picks of vegetarians in India. Although homemade paneer is the best, we usually opt for those from the shops as it is much easier.
The biggest advantage of using paneer is that it can be used in various forms to make different types of curries. It can be grilled, sautéed or even used as a snack and all of them taste really good.
Apart from the taste, paneer has a lot of health benefits too. It releases lot of energy, keeping the blood sugar level intact. Which means, it is the perfect combination of health and taste. Moreover, it is filled with protein and calcium. It can be served in a balanced diet too.
Paneer tikka butter masala is a rich creamy curry flavored with tikka masala, butter and a gravy made with onions, tomatoes and cashews. We have to grill the paneer first in a micro wave oven after adding spices to it. Adding this to the gravy base and the puree will bring out excellent flavors.
Try this wonderful rich creamy coated paneer in silky gravy.
300 gms Paneer/ cottage cheese
3 tablespoon Tikka Masala
3 tablespoon Yoghurt
2 tablespoon Ginger garlic Paste
1 tablespoon Oil
2 tablespoon Butter
1 small Onion
1 medium tomato
1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
1/2 cup water
1 3/4 cup Gravy base puree
2 tablespoon Cream
- Chop the onions and tomatoes and keep ready.
- In a baking dish, place the paneer. To this add the tikka masala, ginger garlic paste, yoghurt and vegetable oil. Marinate the paneer until thoroughly coated.
- Grill the paneer. This will take around 30 minutes.
- While the paneer is being grilled will move on to the gravy.
- Heat a pan adding some butter. Once butter is melted, add the chopped onions. Saute till golden in color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry it until soft and mushy and till it becomes paste like.
- Add the chilli powder and give a mix. Add on the salt now.
- Mix well and add the water. Allow it to boil.
- Once it starts simmering, add the gravy base puree stirring it all the way. Cook this till it starts simmering.
- Finally add the grilled paneer and mix homogeneously and keep simmering for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and switch off the stove.
Serve hot with Naan or Kulcha.