The inherent danger of electrical shock is no laughing matter, as it often results in serious injury and can even be fatal. However, there are a number of preventive safety measures you can employ to greatly reduce the risk. The items and appliances in your household all have their own electrical requirements. Know the specific types of circuit breakers, fuses, and even light bulbs that are required in your home. Make sure to replace them with the right parts when needed. The first step that you need to take before attempting to fix any electrical problems yourself is to turn the electricity off in your home. Covering outlets with wall panels is crucial for preventing accidental contact with wires. Avoid touching a bare wire that may be conducting a current. Store and use electric devices away from water. Water and electricity do not mix well and appliances should always be kept away from any moisture. This will prevent any accidental shocks from occurring. When the sky cooks up a thunder storm. It’s the time to gets off mobile and land phone. Recovery from electric shock depends on the nature and severity of the injuries. The percentage of the body surface area burned is the most important factor affecting prognosis. If someone who has received an electric shock does not suffer immediate cardiac arrest and does not have severe burns, he or she is likely to survive. Infection is the most common cause of death in people hospitalized following electrical injury. Electrical damage to the brain may result in a permanent seizure disorder, depression, anxiety, or other personality changes. Mile electric shock that do not produce symptoms may not require medical treatment. However, a person who receives a high voltage shock, lightning strike, shock with burns or other pain should be evaluated by a health-care professional emergently. A doctor should evaluate electric cord burns to the mouth of a child. Burns are treated according to severity. Minor burns may be treated with topical antibiotic ointment and dressings.