Biriyani is more like the national food of India. We can see different versions and flavors of biriyani all over India. This version of biriyani is a simple one made with minimal ingredients yet super delicious. Try this out and give your feed backs.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 60 minutes
1 1/4 kg chicken
8 cloves garlic crushed
2 tablespoon Ginger crushed
7 Green chilies crushed
3 medium tomatoes sliced
2 1/2 cups fried onion
1/2 cup Mint chopped
1/3 cup Cilantro chopped
2 tablespoon Lime juice
1 1/2 cup Water
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoon Chill Powder
2 teaspoon Ghee
1 kg Basmati rice
4 Cardamoms green
4 2” Cinnamon
Salt to taste
- Wash and drain the chicken. Marinate the chicken with turmeric, chill powders and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil used for frying the onions. Brown the chicken and set aside.
- Heat a pot. Add another 2 tablespoons of oil, add the sliced tomatoes and cook till it becomes a paste.
- Add the the ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute till fragrant and fried.
- To this add the chopped green coriander and give a mix and go on and add the chicken. Combine everything well.
- Add the chopped mint, lime juice and salt and integrate well and allow the steam to seep through.
- At this stage add the water and mix well. Allow this to to boil. Finally add the fried onions on top of the korma and stick the lid on. Keep this on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Open and give a gentle mix . Reduce the flame and put back the lid on and cook till chicken is done 3/4th.
- Take plenty of water in a pot. When it starts boiling , add the whole spices and put the lid on. When it boils, add the washed and soaked rice along with salt. When almost done, add a teaspoon of ghee. Now drain into a sieve.
- Now layer the rice on top of the korma. Spread it evenly and add a teaspoon of ghee. Cover with aluminum foil and stick back the lid. Keep on minimum flame for about 15-20 minutes or until steam comes out.
Serve with cucumber and onion raita.