Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a great and amazing natural fruit which is packed with lot of nutrients. The health benefits of amla can be attributed to the high amounts of Vitamin C and antioxidants present in it. Regular consumption of amla can help us live for more than 100 years. Some of the common amla benefits for health include
1. Improves digestion: Amla is a rich source of dietary fiber and carbohydrates. It strengthens the digestive system, improving the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from food. The high levels of Vitamin C in amla flushes out the toxins and metals from the body, aiding digestion.
2. Improves Vision: Drinking amla juice with honey reduces intra-ocular tension, improving vision. The antioxidants present in amla protect the eye retina from oxidative stress, reducing the risk of cataract.
3. Heals Menstrual Sickness: Amla juice also helps to reduce menstrual disorders and cramps.
4. Controls Diabetes Amla stimulates the isolated group of cells that secrete insulin. The antioxidants in amla regulate glucose levels in the blood, decreasing albumin levels in patients. Take amla juice with turmeric twice a day to control diabetes.
5. Promotes cardiovascular health: Amla is rich in many heart-friendly nutrients, which prevents the blockage of blood flow to the heart. It strengthens the heart muscles, lowers cholesterol and controls hypertension.
6. Antioxidants: The high content of antioxidants in amla protects the body from the action of free radicals. It promotes longevity and slows down the ageing process.
7. Protection to throat: Consumption of amla along with ginger is known to protect throat from infections.
8. Strengthens Teeth, Nails and bones: Regular intake of Amla helps to strengthen teeth, bones and nails. Amla extracts can slow the activity of osteoclasts, the cells that break down the bone.
9. Regulates Cholesterol: Antioxidants like amino acids and pectin, present in Amla helps in decreasing serum cholesterol in the blood, reducing low density lipoprotein in the body. It also helps in increasing good cholesterol in the body.
10. Remedy for hyperacidity and ulcers: The powder of dried amla fruit is an efficient remedy for hyperacidity, ulcers and other blood impurities.
11. Cures arthritis: The anti-inflammatory properties of amla help to reduce pain and swelling of the bones in arthritis patients.
12. Purifies Blood: Dried amla is excellent for the digestive system. The anti-bacterial properties of Amla powder, purifies the blood when taken with honey.
13. Respiratory disorders: Consumption of amla is known to boost immunity, reducing flu, cold and throat infection. It helps to deal with chronic cough, tuberculosis and blocked chest problems. It is also found to alleviate asthma symptoms.
14. Treats Intestinal Problems: The fiber content in Amla aids in healthy bowel movement by keeping the gastrointestinal tract clean and relieves from constipation.
15. Reduces Stress: Amla is a potent stress reliever and can help to induce sound sleep. Massaging scalp with amla oil to induce sleep and relieve headaches.
16. Prevents Cancer: The high levels of antioxidant in amla restrict the growth of carcinogenic cells, preventing cancer. Amla also counteracts the side effects of anti-cancer drugs.
17. Beneficial for skin health: The anti-bacterial properties of Amla purify the blood, revealing the natural glowing complexion beneath. It also revives the skin’s texture, making it smooth and supple. The antioxidants present in Amla protects skin damage from UV rays.
18. Controls hair-fall and dandruff: Amla is very beneficial for maintaining the health of the hair. It controls hair fall and enrich the pigmentation of the hair. Amla contains essential fatty acids and antibacterial properties that help in accelerating hair growth and dandruff control.
19. Weight Loss: Amla boosts metabolism, leading to the reduction of fat accumulation in the body. Amla juice is beneficial for weight loss.
20. Improves mental health and memory: Amla improves nerve health by facilitating proper flow of blood. Regular consumption of amla improves cognitive function, increasing concentration and memory.
21. Boost Immunity: Amla’s high contents of vitamin C, Iron, folic acid, and other nutrients stimulate the production of red blood cells which helps reduce anaemia. Gooseberry is the richest source of Vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immunity.