Chicken curry is an inevitable part in every Keralite’s recipe list. We can see different varieties of this curry across Kerala. One of the most specific and delicious among them is the Malabar Version of Chicken Curry. Malabar side has it’s own taste specialties for almost all the curries.
Chicken curry can be had with ghee rice, rotis, pathiri or any kind of breads.So, try this yummilicious recipe and let your taste buds be happy.
1 Chicken cut into pieces
2 medium Onions
3 sprigs curry leaves
3 green chillies slit
3 tablespoon ginger garlic shallots crushed
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
5 teaspoon coriander powder
2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1 cup water
Salt to taste
1. Cut, clean and wash the chicken.
2. Slice the onions and tomatoes. Crush the ginger garlic and shallots together. slit the green chillies.
3. In a pan add 2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add the sliced onions and give a mix. Let it get heated up.
4. Add the slit green chillies and curry leaves. Saute till the onions are soft and reduced in quantity.
5. Add the crushed ginger, garlic and shallots mix. Saute till the rawness imparts.
6. Now add the turmeric and coriander powder and fry till the coriander imparts its pungent rawness. Now add the chilli powder and give a stir. Finally the garam masala powder. Fry all these together until the smell of the spices starts floating in the air.
7. Pop in the tomatoes and saute till tender. Add the water and salt. Give a quick stir. Allow it to boil until you get thick mixture.
8. Into this add the chicken and coat with the masalas thoroughly. Add some curry leaves at this juncture which will add some extra flavor. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
9. And lastly add the coconut milk, adjust seasoning and cook covered till the chicken is done to perfection.